Monday 21 February 2011

O



Me- Can…can you hear me?

You- No.

Me- You just replied.

You- I’m choosing not to listen to you.

Me- Well listen. I said, “I’ll put it into words for you, if you like?”

You- We always said that we wouldn’t.

Me- I know but…

You- Sshhh! Not now.

Me- Well when?

You- Um…sometime around never.

Me- But I love you.

You- Too direct. Try again.

Me- Well, um…see sometimes you get flightless birds and…and well, they are kind of like a metaphor for…

You- Too flowery. And also too many undecided words. You are taking up all of my headspace. Try again.

Me- I don’t know you.

You- No you don’t.

Me- But well, you don’t know me either…

You- I don’t want to.

Me-But you can feel it right? You can say that?

You- Maybe.

Me- That’s an undecided word.

You- I’m not saying I am decided. You are.

Me- I don’t have words for how this feels.

You- Why do we need words? We were fine as we were.

Me- But I wanted to tell you.

You- What? What I already know?

Me- Maybe…I don’t know what you already know.

You- Don’t worry. I know.

Me-Oh. And do you feel it too?

You- I don’t know.

Me- How can you not know how you feel?

You- I choose not to. It won’t make a difference.

Me- It won’t?

You- Do you think it will?

Me- No. I guess not.

You- “Guess” is an undecided word too you know?

Me- I know. I don’t want to be decided anymore.

You-Are we finished now?

Me- I suppose.

You- Do you feel better now we have spoken our words.

Me- No, I feel worse.

You- I thought that might happen.

Me - Sorry.

You- Can you get out of my head now please?

Me- Yes. Sorry.

You- Don’t be sorry when you can be absent.

Me- Did you get that in a greeting card?

You- No.

Me- I was trying to be funny.

You- I know. It won’t make me want you in my head any longer.

Me- Ok, I’m sorry I’m going now.

You- Good. Goodbye.

Me - …

You-Are you gone?

Me - …

You-Hello?

Me - …

You- Ok, so you’re gone then?

Me - …

You- I…I love you too.

Me – [breathes]

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Dear You,
Please find attached a copy of the telepathic conversation I believe we had two hours prior. I took the liberty of transcribing it so I could email yourself and find out for definite if we indeed had this conversation. Please email back a confirmation or denial of such events.
Kind regards,
Me.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Me,
No more words now, telepathic or otherwise. Please.
You.

No comments:

Post a Comment